How long does Levitra last
Dosage form and composition
Levitra tablets have a round shape, biconvex smooth surface, and light yellow color. The main active substance of the drug is vardenafil. Its content per pill is 5, 10 and 20 mg.
Levitra is produced as tablets covered with a film coating. The color of tablets for men is light orange, and it may vary to gray orange. The shape of a tablet is round, convex on both sides, its surface is a bit rough by feel. A specific distinction of the proprietary German tablets is an imprint of figure 5 on one side and the Bayer company’s cross on the other side.
Levitra tablets should be swallowed whole regardless of food intake. The tablets should be taken with enough water. The recommended initial dose of the drug is 10 mg, which should be taken 30-60 minutes before the sexual activity. Take Levitra tablets no more than once a day. Depending on the drug efficacy and tolerability, the dosage may be reduced to 5 mg or increased to a maximum daily dose of 20 mg. With the concomitant decrease in the liver functional activity, the dose of the drug should be reduced to 5 mg. The main effect of Levitra lasts up to four hours. Some men may have long-term consequences - up to one or two days.
How long does levitra 20 mg last
The less Levitra dose you take, the better. The smaller doses have fewer side effects, and if a smaller dose will work for you, then a larger dose will probably not work better. The most economical way to buy Levitra is to purchase 20 mg tablet. Use a pill splitter (you can buy one in any drugstore) to divide a tablet into four parts (5 mg each). At first try 5 mg. If this dose does not work, you can try 10 mg or 20 mg. 20 mg is the maximum Levitra dose. You should not take more than the maximum dose, it will not work better, and it is not safe, since the drug was not approved at higher doses. Levitra shall be absorbed more slowly by older people, especially men over 65, so they can often have the same benefits with a lower dose. The use of certain drugs can also make smaller doses more suitable. Discuss with your physician all other medicines you take before taking Levitra. The duration of the effect may also be individual.
How long does levitra last in your system
Levitra may start work within 15 minutes, but it can take up to an hour until it works. Very fatty food can slow down the process of the drug absorption. But please remember, if the duration of action lasts for more then 4 hours - it is normal, but if you have an erection during 2 hours constantly - that is called priapism, it may be dangerous and you should contact your health-care provider.
Levitra dosage how long does it last
The effect of the main active substance of Levitra has the following positive changes: - Erectile function improves sufficiently; - Recuperation after sexual intimacy comes in the shortest possible time; - Sexual potency returns to normal; - Health of genital system improves; - Sexual intercourse gets longer. After taking just one Levitra tablet you can count on getting four - ten erections and the duration of one act of intimacy may be not less than 15 minutes (sometimes this period reaches one hour).
Levitra 20 mg how long does it last
Before you start taking Levitra tablets, you should carefully read the medication package insert. There is a number of special instructions that should be paid attention to, which include:
- Before starting the use of the drug, you need to consult with a physician to determine the condition of the cardiovascular system.
- The active substance is able to enlarge the arterial vessels, which can lead to a low level of systemic arterial pressure.
- The drug can not be used by people who are not suitable for sexual activity, in particular with severe cardiovascular diseases.
- Levitra tablets are not recommended during treatment with anti-arrhythmic drugs of class 1A (procainamide) and 3 (amiodarone).
- The active substance of the drug can interact with drugs from other pharmacological groups, so when they are taken it is necessary to consult a physician.
- Levitra tablets are not recommended in the context of severe hepatic failure and renal failure, as well as low blood pressure.
- The average dose of the drug when used together with erythromycin, ketoconazole should not be more than 5 mg in order to reduce the likelihood of side effects.
- The drug is not intended for kids and female.
- Tablets may increase the risk of bleeding in case of concomitant stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer.
- It is not recommended to perform work associated with increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions after taking the drug.
While planning use of Levitra, it is important to correlate all the pros and cons, considering not only the recommendations, but contraindications as well. It is advisable to consult with a specialist beforehand, since the therapy depends on specific criteria of state of health.